This article applies to Non-government school students.
Multiple Student Upload can be used to create student accounts on the PRC website for up to 100 students at a time. Once complete, an email containing the student account details will be sent to all PRC coordinators registered at the school. As students will use these same account details to log in to future Challenges, student account details should be stored for future reference and retrieval. Students are only able to log in to the PRC website while the Challenge is open.
In the PRC website go to:
Students > Student Upload
Click on the Multiple Student Upload tab
1. Create and save a spreadsheet containing the student details to your computer
- Use this template to create a spreadsheet in Excel (xlsx) or Comma Separated Variable (csv) format.
- The student details must be in columns in the order specified in the template.
(First Name, Last Name, Grade, Gender, Date of Birth, Other Name)
- Enter the Date of Birth using the format dd/mm/yyyy eg 31/08/2006.
- The names you provide will appear on certificates. Please use proper case (not all capital letters).
- If you use a Mac computer you will need to convert excel files into csv format (use 'Save As' and select type of csv).
- Include no more than 100 students in each spreadsheet. If you have more than 100 new students you will need to complete the Multiple Student Upload process more than once.
2. Upload the spreadsheet to the PRC website
- Use the 'Browse' or 'Choose File' button to upload the spreadsheet.
- Check your School is listed correctly.
- Select the File Format you are using (CSV or XLS).
- If you have a header row in your spreadsheet, tick the Header Row box.
3. Review Upload
- If there are any rows that have an error message in the Error column, take note of the details and click the Cancel button. Correct the data in the spreadsheet and then upload the corrected spreadsheet as described in Step 2.
- You may need to correct dates or missing Name, Gender or Grade information.
4. Identify Matches
- If there are any student names in the spreadsheet that are similar to the names of students who already have PRC accounts at your school, you will be shown the Identify Matches screen.
- The Identify Matches screen asks you to confirm that there are not duplicate accounts being created.
- You will need to tick in the
- 'New' box if the student it indeed a new student
- 'Existing' box if the student is the same one as the one matched
5. Finish Upload
- Once done, click the Finish button to end the Multiple Student Upload process. If successfully uploaded, a bold, green message will appear advising that an email will be emailed.
Student account username and password details will be emailed to all PRC coordinators at your school. If necessary, widen the columns in the spreadsheet to view the full username and password information.
As students will use these same account details to log in to future Challenges, student account details should be stored for future reference and retrieval.