Thank you for your email.
FOR GOV COORDINATOR
To get started as a Public School PRC Coordinator
Principals nominate their school's coordinators using the Access Management Utility (AMU) accessible through the Staff Portal. Relieving principals contact their ICT Service Desk for access to AMU.
Coordinators will then be able to log in to the PRC website using their DoE username and password.
Please contact your principal to tick approve you on the AMU system as a PRC Coordinator. You will then have access to the PRC website.
FOR NONGOV COORDINATOR
To get started as a Non-government School PRC Coordinator
Your school principal (or their delegate) is responsible for managing the DoE accounts at your school using the Staff Management Utility (SMU) and Access Management Utility (AMU) applications available in the DoE Extranet.
The responsibilities include: creating new accounts, re-activating existing accounts, provisioning PRC coordinators and resetting passwords.
Please contact your principal to create a DoE account for you on the SMU system. Once they have set you up on SMU, they will then need to tick approve you on the AMU system as a PRC Coordinator.
If your principal does not have a DoE account so that they are able to set you up, please have them directly contact us at this email so that we can set up an account for them. After this, they will then be able to take on their duties with managing the DoE accounts at your school.
Your principal can refer to the articles below to help them:
- assistance with non-government school principal DoE accounts
- creating a new DoE account on SMU
- re-activating an existing DoE account on SMU
- provisioning a PRC coordinator for your school on AMU
- resetting the password for a DoE account on SMU
Please note: Principal approval is required to become the PRC coordinator at a school. It is recommended that schools have at least two coordinators.
We recommend having at least two current coordinators at your school in case of unexpected leave occurring during key times of the Challenge.
NEW PRC COORDINATOR INFO PACK
To get started
- familiarise yourself with the resources available for PRC coordinators
- regularly check the PRC website for Updates and Messages throughout the Challenge
Once the Challenge is open, PRC coordinators can log in to the PRC website to
- manage the student accounts of the students at their school
- manage the Student Reading Records of the students at their school
- validate students' online Student Reading Records
- monitor student's progress through the Challenge
The PRC coordinator at each school is also responsible for
- distributing certificates and medals in Term 4
- escalating Help Requests from Students and Teachers that cannot be answered by reference to the FAQs or Rules to the PRC team
The best pages to check on the PRC website for coordinators are the
- Tips and Teaching Notes
- Updates and Messages section on the PRC Home page
PRC e-newsletters and e-reminders are sent to all PRC coordinators twice each term with information about coordinating the Challenge. Current and previous copies can be accessed on the Home page of the PRC website.