During 2020, students will be able to add 10 choice books to their Student Reading Records.
The system will not allow the extra 5 choice books to be added in the same way as normal choice books are, however.
For your NORMAL CHOICE BOOKS, you will need to enter the title and author of your choice book in the "add choice books" section of the website as usual.
For your BONUS CHOICE BOOKS, you will need to add the 2020 Bonus choice book records (pictured below) to your reading record.
- Bonus choice books can be ANY books that students read. They do not need to be on the PRC booklist. They just need to be entered onto the Student Reading Record using the PRCIDs below.
- The Bonus Choice Books are listed on the 5-6 booklist as students on all Challenge levels are able to add books from this list to their reading record.
- Students do not need to enter the title and author details for their bonus choice books - adding the 2020 Bonus Choice Book entries to their reading record indicates that they have read an additional bonus choice book.
Normal choice books and bonus choice books can be any of the following:
- books that are not on any PRC booklist
- books that are on a PRC booklist that does not count as a PRC book for your challenge level
- additional books from approved series after the first 3 that have been added from that series.
ENTERING BONUS CHOICE BOOKS ON THE MAIN PRC SITE:
To enter your bonus choice books on the main PRC site, please go to Student Reading Record, and type "2020 bonus" in the "Enter books" option. The bonus books will appear for you to add to your reading record.
ENTERING BONUS CHOICE BOOKS ON THE PRC STUDENT SITE:
To enter the Bonus Choice Books on the Student Site, students can search for "2020 Bonus" on both the main search page, or in the "add choice book" tab, and these records will appear for them to add to their Reading Record.
Click on the video below to view the process of adding choice books for 2020.